Live poker is getting very popular and especially its tournaments. The game does not only allow to play online against real dealer but also avoid gambling legislative restrictions when players may participate only against each other. Live casino poker uses cutting-edge technologies to project dealt cards from dealer’s table into the software, so players may sit thousands of miles away from dealer’s room and enjoy real atmosphere of the casino. In tournaments, it works in exactly the same way but with participation of more players where the stakes will be higher and chances to win big are genuine.
Application of live poker tournaments’ strategies and rules
The rules of live poker online tournament are roughly the same but may differ slightly. It depends on:
- The number of players who participate;
- The amount of money that will have to be deposited;
- Tournament structure;
- Chips rebuy allowances;
- Etiquette of a tournament.
Based on the above mentioned criteria a tournament’s rules are written in the entry conditions. It also assumes the format of a competition and may refer to ether shootout format, which means that players will either participate in multiplayer tournament to determine the winner or satellite format, where players will the entry to the higher ranking competition to win more money. In order to in and be successful, players are advised to use various strategies that are suited for live poker real money online competition:
- Try to play the opposite way compare to what opponents do (e.g. if players play tight, it may be possible to play more aggressively);
- More hands should be played in the first stages and levels of a tournaments as there are more value in straight and flushes;
- Players may find greater value in getting a set and the deeper players get into the tournament, the small pocket pairs may be regarded as standard folds;
- Do not try to make a deal till the player gets three handed, unless it is played above bankroll;
- Determine the odds and cards that are gone out at all times.
Live poker tournaments require approaching betting rounds wisely and measuring the chances well. The great thing is that live tournament is just like in land based casino, so bluffing could be explored in full extend.
Live poker betting etiquette that will ensure decent wins
There are certain norms that will allow player so twin whilst playing live poker. No matter what aspects of etiquette are implemented in real life, this is not a cue. However, if it is followed then winning chances are increased:
- Punish limpers on immediately and frequently;
- Observe softer tables and switch to them whenever is possible;
- Never be aggressive especially against blinds and weak players;
- Do not provoke others unless the right cards are held and bluff will be successful.
Live poker is perceived as more interesting and may allow to have better chances to win. Therefore, it is advised to give it a try at least once.