All casino games are divided into several categories: slots, card games, table games, bingo and others. The largest categories are table games and slots. The table games category includes games that have the following common features: a game table and a co-op gameplay against the casino. For example, in Texas Hold’em, all players play against each other. That is why it does not belong to the category of table games. The most popular table games today are Baccarat, Craps, Three Card Poker, Roulette and Blackjack.
Today we will review one incredibly popular table game – live blackjack, or just 21. This is an online version of the game that you can play only in a browser, computer application or using your phone. Blackjack appeared a long time ago and quickly became popular all over the world due to its simplicity and large winnings. If you were looking for a card game with straightforward gameplay and simple rules, then this is exactly what you need.
Live blackjack basics and rules
Live blackjack is a new video version of blackjack that you can play from your PC or mobile device. The rules of the game do not differ in any way from the classic blackjack, except for some conditions.
The most important unique feature of live online blackjack is that you play with a real dealer via online broadcast. The broadcast is most often conducted from the casino and you can see the dealer in real time. You see the table, you see all the cards and you can be sure that the casino is not rigged.
A quick overview of the rules for online live blackjack:
- 2-7 players can play at the table.
- At the start of the round, all players bet and receive 2 cards face down.
- The dealer also receives 2 cards – one face up and one face down.
- After that, the player can make a choice: fold, draw more, or keep the hand.
- After all players have made their move, the dealer opens his hand.
- If your hand has more points than the dealer’s hand, then you get a payout.
- If you exceed 21 points, you are eliminated.
- If the dealer has exceeded 21 points, he is eliminated and everyone get a payout.
That is why blackjack is also called 21, because the main rule of the game is to collect a combo of cards as close as possible to 21.
Video blackjack and how to play with live dealer
Besides live blackjack, there is also video blackjack. This is a card game familiar to everyone, which is controlled by a computer dealer. This version of blackjack is much faster, but there is also a drawback – you cannot count cards and make sure that there is no cheating. That is why many people prefer to play with a live dealer. What are the advantages of playing live blackjack?
- Atmosphere. Live streaming and live dealer literally transport you to one of the famous Las Vegas casinos.
- Communication. Many players can find a friend in the live dealer. Chat with him via online chat, ask for advice, joke or leave a tip.
- Honesty. As mentioned above, only with online broadcasting you can be sure that the casino is not cheating. After all, this way you can see all the physical maps in front of you, and not just pixels.
Which version of blackjack to play is up to you. Try both and decide which one works best for you.